Tuesday, April 04, 2006

And so it begins...

On April 3, after nearly eight months of applications, interviews, more applications, more interviews, workshops, orientation, and a whole host of other hoops, I finally found out where I will be doing my internship next year. I will be in Charlotte, NC at Christ Lutheran Church!!! *Big sigh of relief* It is comforting to know where I am going, who I am working with, having an idea of when I'm leaving (early August), and where I will be living and doing ministry at for the next year of my life. It's an exciting time and I found that all the questions I had answered by this revelation that was given to me on a letter were replaced by about five times as many questions. *another sigh* But such is life! And I don't think I would have it any other way. So begins the journey that will help define who I am in so many ways. Who I am as a pastor, who I am as a midwesterner in a southern context, who I am as a student finally putting what I have learned to use in a real way, who I am as a sister, daughter, and friend who now lives some 1200 miles away. Let the adventure begin (considering I survive the rest of this semester at seminary).

http://www.christelca.org/

No comments: