Tuesday, August 12, 2008

When It Rains...

It's been quite a week! In the past week this is what's happened:

-Congregational vote at St. Andrew Lutheran Church in Eden Prairie. I went, greeted people, gave a devotional, talked about myself and my call, and then left to await the result of the vote. I got the call 45 minutes later. The verdict: 60-2 to call me as an associate pastor of small group ministry and LiveWire (their alternative/contemporary worship service). I have a call! Needless to say, I was elated and I think I talked about 20 miles a minute for the rest of the night (I went out to eat with my parents and boyfriend after the vote).

-Road trip the Colorado Springs for my boyfriend's cousin's wedding. And somewhere in there someone decided that it would be a good idea to drive through the night. I usually don't sleep well in cars but I found out the tylenol p.m. is my friend. Had a great time at the wedding, got poured on before the service, enjoyed the beautiful mountain views and the beautiful wedding, and had a great time hanging out with my boyfriend's family.

-Got my first speeding ticket! It was in Nebraska literally right after I pulled off of the ramp onto the interstate. I was the follow car and the other car had jetted ahead so I had to try and play catch up. Plus, the lead car insisted on going 85 in a 75 which I was not happy about the in the first place. And of course, it's me that gets pulled over. To top it off, the cop was a prick about it and did a really bad job. Take for example I was driving my friend's car and it was obviously not registered to me. However, he doesn't even ask about the fact that it's not registered to me. Add to that, I go to push the flashers button right when I get pulled over and the button literally falls into the dash. The flashers are going and we have no way to turn it off. Needless to say, this isn't very safe and we tell the police officer what happens. He gives me the ticket, goes back to his car, and then yells at us to start driving over his bullhorn. So, we have no choice but to get on the road with our flashers going. We catch up with the lead car at a shady motel and work on getting the flasher problem fixed. It doesn't happen. However, two of the guys have a friend in Omaha that they were planning on stopping to say hi to anyway who happens to be good with fixing cars so he can take apart the dashboard. Our solution in the meantime = remove the fuse that is connected with the flashers. The good news: the flashers have stopped. The bad news: I can't use the turn signals. The solution? Use hand signals when making a lane change or turn. So, for the next hour I roll down my window every time I want to make a lane change and stick my arm out. Honestly, it was pretty entertaining. The car did get fixed and everyone chipped in for the ticket and people are pretty sure it shouldn't affect my insurance. We shall see...

On the ticket for this week:
-Move into my new office (I have a nameplate already!)
-Move into my new apartment
-Finish up at my job for the past year at the Student Services Office
-Finish TA's a class on Galatians and Philippians
-Finish packing (maybe...)

No comments: