Tuesday, June 06, 2006

THE Visit

I like to put "THE" in caps because this was a huge visit. I went to my future internship site this weekend or Sat. thru Monday which is close enough to a weekend for me to call it that. It was a bit surreal to be flying to a place I had never been before knowing that this was to become my future home for a year of my life. It was going to be something completely new and I was super excited.

And this weekend was a whirlwind of activity. I went apartment shopping and found a wonderful place to live next year. It is a two bedroom townhouse apartment with central air and two floors. It's crazy to think I'll have all this room to myself. All I have to say to all of my friends out there reading this is you better come to visit so I can feel not so guilty about having a two bedroom instead of a one (although the second bedroom will be partially my office aka, room for all my books). I saw the church and it is beautiful. I had seen pictures before but there's nothing like the real thing. I met a great deal of the staff at a pool-a-palooza which was a riot. Dude, they had a live band and played Johnny Cash. Yeah, I think this is going to be a good fit. I got to go to church of course which was wonderful although I am still afraid to preach. I met my internship committee which is composed of some of the nicest people possible. Talked a bit of worship planning. I explored, played with my host family's 3 year old, got a tour of the town, received a great amount of helpful advice, and tried to let is all sink it.

The amazing thing is that when I was there, it felt like home already. I think this was mainly because of the people being so welcoming and hospitable. However, there was something else behind all of this and I knew this is exactly where I needed to be. When I was there, I couldn't picture myself doing my internship at any other place, even the other ones I had marked down. The Internship Office got it right. They picked the perfect site and I have no doubt that God has been working through this whole process and will be working this all that is yet to come. I start August 20th which means I move into my apartment on the 15th. And I can't wait!

No comments: