Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Done and DONE!

I survived finals surprisingly enough! And, I've been getting back the papers with good marks which is a great surprise. So, I guess it went well enough or better than expected. So, it's summer and I hardly know what to do with myself. I'm working as a server at my normal job and it's been nice to make a little extra money (which is then spent fast) and hang out with my friends there. Plus, I've been reading (I started light with the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants) and watching DVDs (the series Firefly and now Numb3rs is also out) and cheering on the Twins despite their dismal season. It's all quite hard to believe that this year has come and gone so quickly. And I know when I come back this place, Luther Seminary will not be the same. The faculty and staff will be mostly the same but it will basically be all new classmates minus my class and that to me is sad. I've made some amazing friends this year in the other two classes and our journeys through ministry are now separating. Thankfully I love my class and am excited to finish this whole thing off with them. It's been quite the ride so far and I hope it only gets better.

Anyway, it's been a great year and it has given me plenty of opportunities to grow and learn quite a bit in class and out of class. I'm finally feeling more at home at seminary and actually speak up in class on a normal basis which is huge considering I was mute in all of my classes first semester. It's fun to think of how far I've come. And the next step is parish ministry for year. Very exciting. So, as I've said before, bring it on I guess.

Next stop: Charlotte, NC for the weekend. Peace out!

No comments: