Thursday, July 27, 2006

Comebacks

For those of you who don't know me well enough or at least haven't spent enough time around me during the summer and fall I am a Minnesota Twins fanatic. I have been a huge Twins fan ever since I was a kid and I love the return of baseball season, web gems, and everything in between. This season started out a bit rough. Though they won their home opener in convincing style they went on a slide that was difficult for us die hard fans to watch. I still watched the games, I still cheered them on, and cringed when we lost yet another game we should have won.

However, in the past month and a half they have crawled back from fourth place in the central division to earn a second place tie with the defending champion White Sox and be only a half a game out in the AL Wild Card chase. It's been a wild run and we've beat some of the best including the Red Sox and White Sox and now we're going to face the fierce Tigers in what I'm sure will be a great showdown.

And for those of you who don't care about baseball or the Twins or that might be wondering why I'm talking so much about baseball on a blog that's supposed to be mainly about ministry, here's my tie in. I take great heart in the fact that even though everyone had written them off as a lost cause, that people had given hope of having a good season, that even in the midst of losing some of their most solid players to injuries, they could make this huge run and comeback to where they are. It really shows that the human spirit is capable of in the midst of hardships and as I find myself in the midst of a difficult month with a lot of huge life transitions happening I like to believe that I am capable of bouncing back from whatever curveball life throws at me. And all of this I do with my #1 fan, God, who will love and support me no matter how many errors I commit, no matter how bad of a hitting slump I may in, or how many games I may throw away. Plus, I already know he's the perfect pinch hitter.

Am I in the middle of a comeback as big as the Twins? I don't know but I'll keep you updated as the season progresses. :)

No comments: