Thursday, August 03, 2006

Ends, Beginnings, and Drives

Well, here I go. I'm on the cusp. I'm looking over the edge and preparing to jump. 3, 2, 1... It's all very crazy to think of where I am now. Getting ready to live outside of the midwest for the first time in my life. In a way, this is what I was made for. I love new experiences and meeting new people, hearing their stories, and learning from everything that happens from me. I have always thrived off of adventure and off of doing ministry. Change is something I've been able to handle with a surprising amount of grace. But, this of course does not make this any easier. And maybe that's how it's supposed to be. Ends always carry some mourning with them. Even though I will find myself back here in a year, it will be different. I certainly hope that I will grow and mature as an intern and change for the better. But I look forward in hope. Beginnings are always exciting, they carry so many possibilities and opportunities. When I was driving up to Alexandria I saw an exit for "Opportunity Drive." I kid you not! It seemed perfect and the friends I was visiting noticed the same sign and I think it meant the same to all of us especially since they are also traveling cross country.

God has blessed me and them with an opportunity to go out there and be a part of a ministry for a year that is outside the Luther Seminary bubble. And as much as I have enjoyed my time here, I think I am ready to go out to the larger community and world and do my best to share the Gospel because we are all in need of hearing some good news in the midst of all this war and conflict and pain. This is what God intended me to be doing this year, going to Charlotte and I know that it is an incredible opportunity. So, even as scary as it may be, I take heart knowing that this is ultimately God's plan for my life and that His love and grace will carry me through this year. Peace and God's blessings to all of you who are making similar journeys and may every "drive" be an opportunity.

No comments: