Monday, March 19, 2007

Shout Outs!

I think it's always fun to celebrate accomplishments and I thought today I'd celebrate some fun accomplishments of a couple of friends of mine.

First, my friend Ben got published! Check out his article about Bracketology and Faith. It comes at the perfect time (NCAA basketball tournament anyone) and makes some good points. Enjoy!

My co-worker Stephanie entered a contest to win a dream job at Disney World. It's called the Disney Dream Job and she's auditioning to win the chance to be a Pirate a la Captain Jack Sparrow at the Pirates of the Caribbean Ride at Disney. She had to film herself doing her best pirate impression and show why she deserved the job. And it's pretty darn entertaining and impressive. Check it out and if you feel so moved, cast your vote.

I had a friend from Luther Seminary who is doing her internship in Brainerd, MN come through this week on her way to her mission trip to Guatemala with a group of adults and high schoolers. Her internship project for the year was organizing this trip and it was an honor to be a part of that process. I helped coordinate housing for the participants and rides for their layover in Charlotte on their way to Guatemala. And praise God for friends who will go all out to help a friend or a friend's friend. My two friends Mark and Anderea, gave up their Friday night to help me pick up the travelers from the airport and then got up early to drop them off again on Saturday morning (and we're talking about 7 a.m. early on a Saturday!)!!! Though we may not all be able to give up time to go to a third world country for a week to do mission work I think pitching in in the smallest way can make all the difference and have an impact just the same.

No comments: