Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Finals!

So, this is my last round of finals, possibly forever (unless I decide to someday go back for a Ph. D. or D. Min. which sadly, will probably happen). So, hence the lack of posting lately! It's been quite the ride and I have 2 of my 4 finals done already. Granted, I saved one of the hardest and one of the longest (albeit, I will "enjoy" writing this paper) for last. Whew!

It's funny, I really think the quality of my papers has degraded since I've gotten back this year. My friends and I were joking that we should actually footnote one of our papers with "senioritis" because I think we have all been feeling it. But, everything will get done and I should be walking in 2.5 weeks and finally receiving my Masters after 4 years of blood, sweat, and tears.

One interesting thing about the end of this year is I've found myself being a lot more cynical than normal. Most people would describe me as pretty happy-go-lucky in my normal life but I just haven't been feeling that at the end of this semester. I'm just so ready to be done. And I just don't care anymore. And while some people may view this cynicism as a negative thing it's actually been surprisingly good for me. Because in this cynicism I've found myself asking a lot more challenging questions about the system and about doing ministry in the church. I find that because of my frustration I find myself seeing places where I'd like to see change. And for someone who has spent most of her life following the rules to a "t" it's been good for me to question, challenge, and dream up ways to change things. The main trap that I can fall into now is lapsing into the place where I don't care enough to make the changes. So here's hoping this finals week doesn't suck the life out of me enough to make me not question but also strive to answer and change.

2 papers left...

No comments: