Tuesday, January 30, 2007

My Soundtrack I

I love music! There's no getting around it. When I was at seminary, I almost always had my iPod at hand. I have a decent amount of music in my computer. I love listening to music and attempting to do music through singing and guitar. Music has always had a way of speaking to parts of my life that I cannot communicate simply through words or actions. Music has always stirred the deepest part of my soul. And I thought it would be fun to put together a list of songs that I would use to define my life as could be found on an iTunes playlist.

The rules for this was either the song had to be significant to a certain part of my life (i.e. song that defined my senior year of college) or have lyrics that really spoke to my life. And I could only have one song per artist (I originally had about 10 U2 songs on the list!).So check out a few of my selections in alphabetical order and feel free to comment, make suggestions, and come up with your own list.

My Soundtrack Part I
1. Move Along - The All-American Rejects
2. The Adventure - Angels & Airwaves
3. Be Yourself - Audioslave
4. Audience of One - Big Daddy Weave
5. Feeling This - Blink 182
6. The Rich Song - Caedmon's Call
7. Your Grace Is Enough - Chris Tomlin
8. Fix You - Coldplay
9. Vindicated - Dashboard Confessional
10. In the Light - dc Talk
11. Did You Feel the Mountains Tremble - Delirious?
12. Times Like These - Foo Fighters
13. Over My Head (Cable Car) - The Fray
14. Salvation is Here - Hillsong United
15. This Road - Jars of Clay
16. Standing Still - Jewel
17. A Praise Chorus - Jimmy Eat World
18. Gold Digger - Kanye West
19. Since U Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson
20. Take Me Away - Lifehouse
21. Why Can't I? - Liz Phair

1 comment:

Becca said...

Nice picks on your playlist. Some of those songs remind me of good times in old apartments. :)