Sunday, January 21, 2007

What a Weekend!

Thursday morning - My Car = A Popsicle!!! The storms that have been terrorizing the rest of the country finally came through Charlotte. Though the roads weren't that bad, my car bore the brunt of the storm. There was about a quarter of an inch of ice to scrape off. You can see the remnants of the ice under the rear window. Also, note the icicles hanging off the spoiler. It was another little piece of home in the South and I actually didn't mind scraping off my car. Seriously! :)

The rest of my weekend was full of surprises and good times. Friday night I found my way to my friend Mark's apartment with some other friends in the young adults group and we enjoyed another fantastic dinner ala Mark. At one point in time, the men were in the kitchen emulsifying and us ladies were lounging in the living room chatting. Hooray for "traditional" role reversals.

Saturday was a full day. I got to experience my second/third ordination service (I'm getting old and the details are getting fuzzy). Troy had done his internship the wrong way and done it his fourth year at seminary. However, it worked out perfectly because he was just what the church needed in an associate pastor and he was called to the church. The service served as both an ordination and an installation. And it was wonderful!!! It perfectly displayed who he was as a pastor while also keeping true to the church's character. I also had the honor of being a part of the service. And though I have been along for only a small part of this journey, there is something special about seeing it culminate in a big event such as this. And I know is has meant a lot to this church to see him grow and develop as an intern and now have him as their pastor. It was a special day and an event I will not soon forget.

Saturday night showed me another reason I want to be a youth pastor. I get to do crazy things like play laser tag with the high schoolers! I went out with the youth group and had a blast. I also schooled a fair amount of them which was fun especially since a lot of them were gunning for me after I showed a few of them up at paintball. They're a great group of people with a lot of spunk and love to show for it.

As for today, well it was a great day filled with another wonderful church service, Troy's first time presiding over communion, dinner with some dear friends, and a fitting farewell party for a friend at church. However, it was the perfect ending to the day when I turned on the Colts-Pats game when I got home after watching parts of the dismal first half at the party only to see that the Colts were still in the game. The choke artist showed up all his critics to stage an astonishing comeback! And finally, FINALLY Peyton gets his chance!!! All I can say is I can't wait for the Super Bowl! (Plus, another small piece of home will be seen at the halftime show, Prince!)

No comments: