Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Is it weird that I'm praying now while I'm writing prayers for Chapel tomorrow?

I'm still not quite sure how this happened but somehow I'm assisting worship tomorrow for Chapel. And it's Wednesday, the big day, the one that draws the largest crowd. Now you think, why the heck is she nervous? After all, she spent an entire year leading worship in Charlotte; praying, preaching, confessing, etc. in front of a large congregation. Truth is, I'm not quite sure why I'm nervous. Probably because I've only done this once before and it's been over a year and half. Probably because I know that Chapel full of seminary students, faculty, and staff can be at both times one of the most encouraging and toughest crowds I will ever face. Probably because everything I learned in worship the other year about "proper prayer posture" has all been forgotten by now.

But then again I remember my first official day at Christ Lutheran as the intern. I was even more unfamiliar with the worship format that I am with Luther's (since I pretty much have attended Chapel every Wednesday of my tenure here). And I still was able to get up there and sing and pray and do what was asked of me that day by my supervisor and I did it well.

I think I'm just making a big deal out of nothing. I think assisting tomorrow in Chapel will be a wonderful experience. There's nothing quite like serving your friends communion by name. There's nothing like being a part of a worship service full of passionate, dedicated people.
Plus, I get to wear one of those rockstar mics. :)

No comments: