Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Drafted! Part I

I feel like I should have warned you that I'm was going to/am going to be blogging a lot this week.

So, we got handed our envelops today that very much held a piece to the puzzle of our future. In this envelop was the region that we would be heading to for the first three years of our ministry. It was an exciting and scary time. Nobody really knew what to expect. Sure, we had all put in our preferences but whether or not those are honored is another thing. The seniors had spend most of the day fretting the results.

I spent most of the day working in the Student Services office and as the day went on, I couldn't help but get a bit giddy. It was a combination of true excitement and nerves. I think the "underclassmen" I talked to during the day thought I was nuts or just plain weird.

So, the time arrived and the seniors headed up to get our envelops. I got mine, took a deep breath, and opened the letter. It said exactly what I thought it would: REGION 3!!! I had no idea what I would feel when I opened it and saw the region. But I was surprised by the different feelings that came. There was excitement, relief, and a lot of hope. One of the great things about Region 3 is that a lot of Luther people end up there. So some of my close friends will likely be within close driving distance from me. Plus, I have family and friends and lots of connections in the area. And you know, the church is doing some exciting things in this area. So, as much as today could have been a disappointment, it was actually a day full of joy. I will find out exactly what synod/area I've been drafted to in about two weeks. Until then, I have plenty to keep me busy.

No comments: