Thursday, February 28, 2008

And Now For Something Completely Different...

After a week of big news, waiting, frustration, stress, and turning another year older I did something completely different last night. I took a night off from homework, reading, writing, worrying, and stressing and I went to the Foo Fighters' show at the Target Center. It had been way too long since I had seen a live show and add to it the fact the Foo are one of my favorite bands and thus, made for the perfect escape. Plus, I had floor tickets!!!!!

So, I get there a couple of hours early and am pleasantly surprised to see that I am one of the first people there, therefore, I got amazing position on the floor. There were two separate stages: a main stage and then a smaller stage where they were going to do an acoustic set. There was a catwalk attaching the two stages also. So, I run once I get let in and get a spot right up against the rail in the middle of the catwalk. So it's only a metal fence thing and a very nice security guard between me and the show. It was awesome!

Needless to say, I took a ton of pictures, sang at the top of my lungs to some of my favorite songs including Best of You, One By One, The Pretender, Monkeywrench, Stacked Actors, and more, and got to completely forget about all the current stresses of my life. Oh, and the pictures I'm posting, I didn't even have to zoom for them!

It's times like these you learn to live again
It's times like these you give and give again
It's time like these you learn to love again
It's time like these time and time again

Also, I now totally have a crush on their new lead guitarist, Chris. :)

Dave Grohl making use of the catwalk.

The acoustic set on a separate stage. Also, the rock violinist, Jessie, is a native Minnesotan!

Closing it out with a kickin' encore of Long Road to Ruin.

No comments: