Wednesday, October 18, 2006

"Charlotte"

There's this song out there called "Boston" by the band Augustana and I'm surprised at how easily I can tweak the lyrics of the bridge to make it fit to my life currently.

She said I think I'll go to Charlotte
I think I'll start a new life
I think I'll start it over
Where no one knows my name
I'll get out of Minnesota
I'm tired of the weather
I think I'll get a lover and fly em out to Spain...
I think I'll go to Charlotte
I think that I'm just tired
I think I need a new town
To leave this all behind
I think I need a sunrise
I'm tired of the sunset
I hear it's nice in the Winter
No snow might be nice
Charlotte
Where no one knows my name

Okay, so the line about the "lover" and "Spain" I couldn't really figure out anything to do with but it just reminds me that this year is a new beginning in a way for me. Granted, I do miss everyone back in MN. It was just the perfect timing for a change and refreshing to be someplace completely new and unfamiliar. I also thought it was funny that Boston and California swapped our perfectly with Charlotte and Minnesota. :)

No comments: