Tuesday, November 14, 2006

MNF

My email conversation yesterday around 4:30 in the afternoon when I'm getting ready to leave work...

Mark - What are you doing tonight?

Tasha - Making some soup and salad for dinner. Watching Heroes and Studio 60 of course. I'd drive to your place but the traffic is going to be crazy gettting there because of the game.

Mark - Would you want to go to the game?

Tasha - What?!?! Do you have tickets?!?! I would love to go!

Mark - Yes I do!

And thus is how I got tickets to the Monday Night Football game, Carolina Panthers vs. the Tampa Bay Bucaneers because, believe it or not, the Panthers play in Charlotte.

It was a great experience! I battled the traffic heading to Uptown Charlotte (really, it should be downtown but for some reason they call it uptown), met my friend Mark for dinner and a beer, and then headed to the stadium to experience our first Panthers game. And it was a great time. We had good seats. We were on the 35 yard line and row 1 in the upper section. And the slant is pretty steep so it was a great view (pictures will be forthcoming). The fans around us were great and a bit drunk. And I must say, the southern accents add a little something especially when they're yelling random sports themed exclamations at the teams.

And the game itself was a roller coaster. The first half was simply ugly. Somehow it was only 0-7 at the half. And right before the half there were three interceptions. We got one, then they got one, and then we got it back and thankfully decided to just take a knee. They finally picked up the second half and starting playing well and it was great to experience that. We were all high fiving one another and cheering and having a blast. The Steve Smith 35 yard touchdown was just pretty. The end result, Panthers 24 Bucs 10 and I was one happy camper. Good times!

No comments: