Thursday, December 21, 2006

The Big Push

It's funny. I'm very aware that it's finals time back home in MN. My little sis just finished hers at my alma mater, Gustavus and my friends back at Luther Seminary are turning in the last of their papers in order to attain freedom.

And here I am, in Charlotte, at my job and it feels like it's finals week here too. To give you a snapshot of all that's going on this Sunday we have two Advent IV services in the morning, then a few hour break and then six Christmas services at night! Whew! And right now our entire pastoral staff, myself included, are all writing sermons. Scott is writing for the Christmas Eve service, Troy is writing for Advent IV, Jon is writing for one of the Christmas Eve services (the last one so Scott doesn't completely shoot his voice), and I'm writing for New Year's Eve because I need to have it into the media guy before the end of the day so he can put together the service so he can go on vacation.

So, having all of of the pastoral staff sermonzing at the same time adds a bit of stress to the office. But I think we're almost all there??? Anyway, back to the sermon!

No comments: