Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Busy Day!

Right now I'm stalled out so I'm going to blog while I wait for my computer to download some virus protection stuff. Also, I'm very highly caffeinated which doesn't happen often so I'm in rare form. WEEEE!!! :)

Tomorrow I'm teaching a class on Kwanzaa. Originally I was supposed to have a speaker come in. However, she accidentally double booked herself so I get to teach the whole thing. So tonight I'm going in to talk to her about some of the traditions and get a few of the details straight because there are some discrepancies in my sources. It's been fun to learn about since I knew very little getting into it which is one of the main reasons I volunteered to teach it. So we'll see how it goes. Probably the most difficult part of it will be trying to pronounce some of the words (Kujichagulia anyone???). I'll probably blog a bit more on this after I teach the class. For now, I just want to make sure I've got all my facts straight.

Today the pastors did a bit of planning for the upcoming sermon series. After Advent, Christmas, Epiphany, and the Baptism of Jesus we will be starting a series on the prophets and I get to preach on Hosea. I'm really excited! It's heavy and controversial stuff and it'll be challenging but I'm looking forward to it. Then for the Wednesday series we will be doing "A Walk with Jesus." We're still extrapolating the meaning and it could go a number of different ways (famous walks Jesus went on i.e. Palm Sunday, to the Garden of Gethsemane, via dolorosa is what I originally pictured when I looked at this) and then the Sunday sermon series will be on Providence/Predestination. I'm actually really excited for all of this and I think it will be some good stuff.

While we were at the coffee shop I actually saw someone studying Hebrew! There is the Reformed Theological Seminary in town so I couldn't help but say hi and wish him luck. It's just one of those things. About 90% of the time, someone studying Hebrew will be connected with seminary or religion and I'm always happy to make that connection.

And now I'm off to the library. The busyness continues!!!

No comments: